Monday, March 24
A taut legal drama that unfolds like a gripping best-seller, Damages explores the moral ambiguity of its protagonists, none more so than ruthless litigator Patty Hewes (Glenn Close), who sinks her teeth into her prey with a perseverance that is frightening (and enthralling) to behold. Dubbing it a “modern tube-noir. . . ” Newsday raved, “The more damage done, the more juicy fun for us to savor.” Created by Todd A. Kessler, Glenn Kessler, and Daniel Zelman, the series confounded expectations by focusing on a single class-action case for its entire first season, dispensing with standard courtroom confrontations in favor of a complex, multicharacter story line told with shifts in chronology to heighten the suspense.
—Barry Monush, Researcher
- Noah Bean, “David Connor”
- Rose Byrne, “Ellen Parsons”
- Glenn Close, “Patty Hewes”
- Ted Danson, “Arthur Frobisher”
- Tate Donovan, “Tom Shayes”
- Anastasia Griffith, “Katie Connor”
- Zeljko Ivanek, “Ray Fiske”
- Glenn Kessler, Cocreator/Exec. Prod.
- Todd A. Kessler, Cocreator/Exec. Prod.
- Daniel Zelman, Cocreator/Exec. Prod.