Friday Night Lights
Wednesday, March 19
The Peabody and Emmy Award–winning Friday Night Lights limns the quotidian details of a small, high school football–obsessed American town with an insistent authenticity and emotional directness that imbues the proceedings with a grace and intelligence seldom achieved in the medium. Creator Peter Berg has assembled a gifted and appealing cast to populate the fictional Dillon, Texas, and the show’s loose, expressionistic style instantly distinguishes the series from anything else on television. We’d compare Friday Night Lights to the limpid, heartbreaking coming-of-age films of Francois Truffaut or one of Robert Altman’s protean community portraits . . . but it wouldn’t do to put on airs in Dillon. We’ll just say it’s awesome, y’all.
—Arthur Smith, Researcher
- Connie Britton, “Tami Taylor”
- Kyle Chandler, “Eric Taylor”
- Zach Gilford, “Matt Saracen”
- Jason Katims, Exec. Prod.
- Adrianne Palicki, “Tyra Collette”
- Jesse Plemmons, “Landry Clarke”
- Scott Porter, “Jason Street”
- Jeffrey Reiner, Exec. Prod.
- Aimee Teegarden, “Julie Taylor”