|Saturday, March 22|
A juicy amalgam of Peyton Place, the Degrassi series, My So-Called Life, and Sex and the City, Gossip Girl is this season’s not-to-be-missed guilty pleasure. Based on the popular young-adult novels by Cecily von Ziegesar, and filmed in New York City, Gossip Girl seduces us into the world of ultra-privileged prep-school teens on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. The irresistible tales of everybody’s fantasy in-crowd are narrated by the unseen, but quite clearly heard, eponymous blogger (Kristen Bell). Developed and executive produced by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage (The O.C.), Gossip Girl, wrote Cristina Kinon in the New York Daily News, “explores contemporary moneyed culture and kids today in a way that’s accessible and totally addictive.”—Michael Waitzman, Curatorial DepartmentIn Person:
- Penn Badgley, “Dan Humphrey”
- Chace Crawford, “Nate Archibald”
- Amy Kaufman, Prod.
- Bob Levy, Exec. Prod.
- Blake Lively, “Serena van der Woodsen”
- Leighton Meester, “Blair Waldorf”
- Taylor Momsen, “Jenny Humphrey”
- Kelly Rutherford, “Lily van der Woodsen”
- Stephanie Savage, Cocreator/Exec. Prod.
- Josh Schwartz, Cocreator/Exec. Prod.
- Matthew Settle, “Rufus Humphrey”
- Jessica Szhor, “Vanessa Abrams”
- Ed Westwick, “Chuck Bass”
- Cecily von Ziegesar, Author, Gossip Girl books